Thursday, June 29, 2017
217 Menasha Street
- Call meeting to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll call
- Video – League of WI Municipality
- Review Village Code of Ethic
- Discussion on returning to seven (7) Person Village Board
- Discussion on Closed Sessions
- Discussion on 1st Responders and Fire Dept
- Discussion on Fire Dept and Village
- Discussion on Point Person
- Update on Purchase Policy
- Update on written monthly reports
NOTE: Action may be taken on any of the above items
The Village of Reedsville request persons requiring auxiliary aids for participation in the above meeting contact the Clerk/Treasurer twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting.
Notice is hereby given that a special meeting of the Reedsville Village Board is to be held at the Reedsville Municipal Building, located at 217 Menasha Street, Reedsville, Wisconsin on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 6:30 pm to discuss the resignation of Village President, Geoff Weinreis. Action may be taken.
PUBLIC NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that Park Street 150 feet south of Manitowoc Street until 150 feet north of Green Meadow Drive be closed from June 23, 2017 to June 25, 2017 for the Fire Fighters’ Picnic.
AUTHORIZING SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS FOR IMPROVEMENTS
RESOLUTION NO. 2017-3
WHEREAS the Village Board of the Village of Reedsville on March 5, 2015 adopted Preliminary Resolution Declaring Intent to Levy Special Assessments for Improvements being the installation of storm water laterals on the north side of Deerview Drive extended west to County Road W in the Village Reedsville, Wisconsin; and
WHEREAS the report of the Village Engineer has been prepared pursuant to Section 66.0703 (5), Wis. Stat., and has been filed with Village Clerk; and
WHEREAS the owners of all property affected by the proposed Special Assessment have signed and filed a Waiver of Notice and Hearing for Special Assessments pursuant to Section 66.0703 (7)(b), Wis. Stat.;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Village Board of the Village of Reedsville, Manitowoc County, as follows:
- That the report of Ayres Associates pertaining to the construction of the above described improvements, including plans and specifications and costs therefor, as modified, is hereby adopted and approved.
- That the Village Board is directed to carry out the work of such improvement in accordance with said report.
- That payment for said improvement shall be made by assessing the cost to the property benefitted thereby as indicated in the report and schedule of assessments on file with the village.
- That the benefits and damages shown on the report are true and correct and are hereby confirmed.
- That payment for the assessments shall be in one installment due upon closing of the sale or transfer of the parcel subject to the assessment. Until such time, the assessment is deferred without interest. Any assessment not paid when due shall accrue interest at the rate of 1% per annum from the due date to the date of payment.
- That the Village Clerk/Treasurer is directed to publish this resolution in the official newspaper of the Village, post copies in three (3) public places within the Village, and mail a copy of this resolution and schedule of assessments to every property owner whose name appears on the assessment roll whose post office address is known, or can with reasonable diligence be ascertained.
This Final Resolution is adopted pursuant to Section 66.0703 (8), Wis. Stat.
Adopted: June 8, 2017.
VILLAGE OF REEDSVILLE – VILLAGE BOARD
By:/s/ Geoff Weinreis, President
By: Mary Jo Krahn, Clerk-Treasurer
Introduced By: /s/ Jerry Reis
Moved By: /s/ J Siebert
Seconded By: /s/ Jesse Walt
For: 5 Against: 0
Notice is hereby given that a special meeting of the Reedsville Village Board is to be held at the Reedsville Municipal Building, located at 217 Menasha Street, Reedsville, Wisconsin on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 6:30 pm to hold a discussion with the President of the Reedsville First Responders and Fire Chief of the Reedsville Fire Dept. The meeting may convene into closed session pursuant to WI Statute Section 19.85(c) to conduct business which requires a closed session to consider performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. The special meeting will convene in open session and action may be taken.
The Reedsville Economic Development Committee would like to cordially invite you to attend the groundbreaking for the Reedsville Park & Bark Dog Park, which will take place at 5:30 p.m. on June 14, 2017, during the first of the Music in the Park events just prior to the start of the music program.
The Reedsville Park & Bark Dog Park will be located between the baseball diamond and the Nature Trail Walk and can be reached from the entrance to the Nature Trail Walk (look for Dog Park sign).
We look forward to seeing you there, and thank you for your past and continuing support.
Littering Streets Prohibited: No person shall place, throw, deposit, dump, scatter, leave or permit to remain any rubbish, paper, stone, wire, manure, snow, ice, dirt, grass, leaves, construction or yard waste, dirt or filthy substance upon the street, gutter, sidewalk, alley or public ground in the village. Each owner or occupant of any building, dwelling house, store, shop, tenement or structure of any kind and description fronting or abutting on any street, sidewalk, gutter, alley or public ground shall clean the same by sweeping, scraping or shoveling such rubbish, dirt or filth from the sidewalk by or before twelve o’clock (12:00) noon of each day, and shall cooperate with the street commissioner in keeping the streets, alleys, gutters and public grounds in a clean, tidy and orderly manner.
Effective May 1, 2017, the link to pay your utility bills over the internet has been changed. The new link is still generated by your account number and will now show you the total amount due on your account. The new link is: https://client.pointandpay.net/web/VillageofReedsvilleWIUtilities You can also find the link on the Village Website, www.reedsville.org under Helpful Links, Point & Pay – Utility Bills.
Parking tickets, pet licenses, property taxes (December and January payments), ads for the Reedsville News and donations can still be made using the old link and can be found on our website under Helpful Links. Point and Pay.
Special Meeting – Thursday, April 27, 2017
Notice is hereby given that a special meeting of the Reedsville Village Board is to be held at the Reedsville Municipal Building, located at 217 Menasha Street, Reedsville, Wisconsin on Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 6:30 pm to discuss the Mobile Home Park application.
Village Wide Clean Up Day – Hours Extended
Village Residents Only
The Village of Reedsville is having a Village Wide Clean-Up Day
Thursday, April 27, 2017 Time: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm Location: Reedsville Municipal Building Parking Lot
Free items include: Computer Towers, Laptops, Cell Phones, Servers, Wire & Cabling, Keyboards/Mouse, Microwave Ovens, Dehumidifiers/AC units, Copiers/Printers/Fax Machines, Phone Systems, DVD/VCR, Stereos/CD Players, Rechargeable Batteries, Washers /Dryers & Stoves, Household Appliances Big & Small, Anything Metal
Fees for the following must be paid before disposing of items:.
Computer Monitors: $10.00; Televisions under 30”: $15.00 Televisions over 30” & Console TV’s: $30.00
Items NOT Accepted: Ammunition, Antifreeze, Brush/ Yard Waste- Stumps and Large Trees, Car Batteries, CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, Cooking Oil, Construction Material -Concrete/ Mortar and Plaster, Caulk / Glaze / Grout and Putty, Hazardous Household Materials -Paint, Stain, Pesticides, Solvents, Aerosols, Household Batteries, Fluorescent Bulbs, Lights and Ballasts, Mercury Thermometers & Thermostats, Cleaners, Propane Tanks / Cylinder’s, Pharmaceuticals, Sharps, Smoke Alarms, Tires and Used Oil & Oil Filters.