Littering Streets Prohibited: No person shall place, throw, deposit, dump, scatter, leave or permit to remain any rubbish, paper, stone, wire, manure, snow, ice, dirt, grass, leaves, construction or yard waste, dirt or filthy substance upon the street, gutter, sidewalk, alley or public ground in the village. Each owner or occupant of any building, dwelling house, store, shop, tenement or structure of any kind and description fronting or abutting on any street, sidewalk, gutter, alley or public ground shall clean the same by sweeping, scraping or shoveling such rubbish, dirt or filth from the sidewalk by or before twelve o’clock (12:00) noon of each day, and shall cooperate with the street commissioner in keeping the streets, alleys, gutters and public grounds in a clean, tidy and orderly manner.
Effective May 1, 2017, the link to pay your utility bills over the internet has been changed. The new link is still generated by your account number and will now show you the total amount due on your account. The new link is: https://client.pointandpay.net/web/VillageofReedsvilleWIUtilities You can also find the link on the Village Website, www.reedsville.org under Helpful Links, Point & Pay – Utility Bills.
Parking tickets, pet licenses, property taxes (December and January payments), ads for the Reedsville News and donations can still be made using the old link and can be found on our website under Helpful Links. Point and Pay.
Special Meeting – Thursday, April 27, 2017
Notice is hereby given that a special meeting of the Reedsville Village Board is to be held at the Reedsville Municipal Building, located at 217 Menasha Street, Reedsville, Wisconsin on Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 6:30 pm to discuss the Mobile Home Park application.
Village Wide Clean Up Day – Hours Extended
Village Residents Only
The Village of Reedsville is having a Village Wide Clean-Up Day
Thursday, April 27, 2017 Time: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm Location: Reedsville Municipal Building Parking Lot
Free items include: Computer Towers, Laptops, Cell Phones, Servers, Wire & Cabling, Keyboards/Mouse, Microwave Ovens, Dehumidifiers/AC units, Copiers/Printers/Fax Machines, Phone Systems, DVD/VCR, Stereos/CD Players, Rechargeable Batteries, Washers /Dryers & Stoves, Household Appliances Big & Small, Anything Metal
Fees for the following must be paid before disposing of items:.
Computer Monitors: $10.00; Televisions under 30”: $15.00 Televisions over 30” & Console TV’s: $30.00
Items NOT Accepted: Ammunition, Antifreeze, Brush/ Yard Waste- Stumps and Large Trees, Car Batteries, CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, Cooking Oil, Construction Material -Concrete/ Mortar and Plaster, Caulk / Glaze / Grout and Putty, Hazardous Household Materials -Paint, Stain, Pesticides, Solvents, Aerosols, Household Batteries, Fluorescent Bulbs, Lights and Ballasts, Mercury Thermometers & Thermostats, Cleaners, Propane Tanks / Cylinder’s, Pharmaceuticals, Sharps, Smoke Alarms, Tires and Used Oil & Oil Filters.
Village Wide Clean Up Day
The Village of Reedsville is having a Village Wide Clean-Up Day.
Date: Thursday, April 27, 2017 Time: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Location: Reedsville Municipal Building Parking Lot
Cost of disposals: Fees must be purchased before disposing of items.
Computer Monitors $10.00
Televisions under 30” $15.00
Televisions over 30” $30.00
All other items Free
Election Results: April 4, 2017 241 Total Voters
Village President: Geoffrey Weinreis 101 votes
Jerry Reis 137 votes
Joe Cummings 71 votes
Chad Rataichek 59 votes
Board of Review
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Village of Reedsville shall hold its first meeting on May 10, 2017 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM, in the hall at the Reedsville Municipal Building, 217 Menasha Street, Reedsville, WI.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the Board of Review and procedural requirements if appearing before the Board:
- No person shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to the Board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the Assessor to view such property.
- After the first meeting of the Board of Review and before the Board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the Board of Review may contact, or provide information to a member of the Board about the person’s objection except at a session of the Board.
- The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board’s first scheduled meeting , the objector provides to the board’s clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the boards shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48 hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
- Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board’s first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregated valuation of that land and improvements to the land, but no person who owns land and improvement to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all of that person’s property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
- When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
- No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless the person supplies the assessor’s with all the information about income and expenses as specified in the assessor’s manual under s 73.03(2a), Wis. stats., that the assessor requests. The Village of Reedsville has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court* The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35(1), Wis. Stats.
- The Board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill and disabled persons who present to the Board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other person may testify by telephone unless the Board, in its discretion, has determined to grant a property owners or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
- No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s 70.47 (3)(a), Wis Stats., that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Assessment Roll is Available for Examination
Notice is hereby given that the assessment roll for the Village of Reedsville will be open for inspection on: April 26, 2017 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm in the hall of the Reedsville Municipal Building, 217 Menasha Street, Reedsville, WI.
Further, be it advised that the Assessor for the Village of Reedsville will be present on: April 26, 2017 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm in the hall at the Reedsville Municipal Building, 217 Menasha Street, Reedsville WI, and at said meeting, instructional materials shall be available.
To schedule a time to discuss an assessment with the Village Assessor, please contact the Village Clerk/Treasurer at 920-754-4371 during normal business hours.
Notice of Spring Election – April 4, 2017
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that a Spring Election will be held at the Reedsville Municipal Building, 217 Menasha Street, in the Village of Reedsville, on April 4, 2017.
Polls for the election will be opened at 7:00 AM and will close at 8:00 PM on that day. Polling place is accessible to the elderly and to the disabled voter.
Notice of Meeting of the Local and Municipal Board of Canvassers
At the close of voting on Election Day, pursuant to the provisions of Wis. Stat. § 19.84, the Election Inspectors will convene as a joint meeting of the Local Board of Canvassers and the Municipal Board of Canvassers for the purpose of conducting the local and municipal canvasses pursuant to Wis. Stat. §§7.51 and 7.53(1). This meeting will be open to the public pursuant to Wis. Stat. §§ 19.81-89.